Sometimes children need to have medication administered during school hours. District and state policies require us to follow these guidelines:

1. We must have written doctor's instructions and written parent permission. Forms are available from the nurse, school office, or online.

2. Medication must be in the original prescription container, which shows the student's name, the name of the medication, and the prescribed dosage and time.

Please call our office if you have any questions regarding medication at school. You may also contact our school nurse, Cheryl Robinson, at 425-431-1064.

More detailed information includes: Medication forms and policies are posted on-line at /cms/One.aspx?portalId=313242&pageId=527046. Unlicensed school personnel may administer oral over-the-counter or prescription medications,and emergency auto-injectable medications, if a licensed health professional (LHP) and parent or legal guardian completes Medication Form H-145. Medication needs to be provided in an original labeled container. The label needs to include the child's name, medication name, dose and when to administer. Instructions need to be specific and not depend on staff judgment.  Students with asthma inhalers or emergency medications may self-administer if they have first demonstrated to their health care provider and school nurse the skill level needed to use the medication, and any associated devices to administer it,as prescribed.In addition,their parent/guardian and health care provider must submit a written treatment plan for the use of the inhaler or emergency medication.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.